In the sport of roller derby, sometimes photographers capture great moments. At the B-Dazzlers first away bout of the season against the Palmetto State Rollergirls, photographer Louis Keiner captured our own Give ‘Em HellVetica “flying” mid-jam!
So we didn’t miss out on this photoshopportunity! Here are some submission highlights:
Just hanging out!
Going for gold!
Season opener in Charlotte this Saturday! KISS 95.1, local celebrity Jay Sparxx and hip DJ Scott Weaver (of Snug Harbor’s Shiprocked Thursdays) will all be there! Will you?
The Charlotte Roller Girls are proud to unveil their jam-packed 2013 season schedule! Advanced tickets are available to purchase online or in-person at Common Market and Sleepy Poet Antique Mall. For the truly dedicated fan, there is a 2013 Season Passwith your name on it! This is an all-access pass to the 7 exciting bouts throughout the year, including 3 double header events. That’s 10 hard-hitting, action-packed games for the price of 6! Don’t wait… these season passes are available for a limited time only.
1. Get VIP status! Can’t you picture it? Breezing through the crowd with your season pass around your neck, hanging from an official CLTRG lanyard, getting looks of longing from those who missed out. You can make it happen!
2. Save money! 10 games for the price of 6? Sounds like a deal to me! In fact, you save $40 as opposed to getting single game tickets on the day of the bout. You can use that extra money you saved to grab a brew (or two) at the game!
3. Get reserved seating! Forget standing room only during our sell-out bouts, season pass holders will have reserved seating in a prime-time viewing location. At the time of purchase, you can choose between upstairs VIP seating or up-close and personal VIP floor level bleacher seating. You choose and we’ll reserve your spot until 15 minutes after the first whistle.
4. Style out with our super-cool tee! With the purchase of your season pass, you’ll get a limited edition 2013 season t-shirt. This year our tee features exclusive design from renowned comic book illustrator Andy Smith (andysmithart.com).
5. Get other exclusive perks and freebies! You’ll get some CLTRG swag so you can add some derby bling to your life. Not to mention, special perks and vouchers from our sponsors… like free yoga at BeYoga! (Gotta work off those brews somehow)
You wouldn’t want to get stuck outside of a sold-out game because you waited too long. These season passes will only be available through mid-march. So don’t miss out, and buyyours today!
It’s been awhile since our last home bout of 2012, and if you missed it, you missed one nail-biting final jam. Here’s a refresher on how we ended our 2012 season, so just imagine what you can expect from us in 2013!
There’s no doubt 2013 will be an exciting year. The Charlotte Roller Girls (CLTRG) will be tearing up their uptown track at The Grady Cole Center for their sixth consecutive home season, running March through October, with their All-Stars season opener taking place on March 23.
Spectators that are new to the sport will find a hard-hitting race, with offense and defense played simultaneously. Jammers (racers) try to pass opposing players to score points. And the blockers do everything (legally) possible to help their jammer through the pack and stop the other jammer from getting through. Seasoned fans will be excited to see that new rules are in place this season: Jammers will take off the same time blockers do, creating an even faster, fiercer start to the bout.
Home Bout Schedule:
Doors open at 5:30 p.m. for Saturday bouts or 3:30 p.m. for Sunday bouts.
The team travels around the country in between home bouts, from Louisiana, to New Jersey to Hawaii!
Away Bout Schedule:
From gas to groceries, a lot of things became more expensive in 2013… but not Charlotte roller derby! Bout tickets will remain the same as the 2012 season. Advanced ticket prices are $6 for children (age 6-12) and $10 for adults. Group rates are also available when purchasing 10 or more tickets at a time (10+ adults $8 each, 10+ children, $5 each). Tickets may also be purchased at the door. Day-of tickets prices are $8 for children and $14 for adults.
Tickets may be purchased:
We can’t wait to see you at a bout this year!
To celebrate our final practice of the 2012 season, we held a fun Ugly Holiday Sweater practice with a gift exchange to start the night, fun games throughout, followed by prizes for the ugliest sweater. It really was a wonderful way to end the season! Happy Holidays everyone!
After our fun 80’s themed practice, we had a 90’s themed practice! Drills included “Beavis and Butthead”, “Schwing!” and “Come on Ride the Train” (to name a few), while skaters dressed in their best 90’s gear. We saw a lot of flannel that night, alongside Looney Tunes, neon patterns, and Britney Spears.
For more photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/charlotterollergirls/tags/90stheme/
This week we held a fun 80’s themed practice for all our skaters (including refs). Drills included “My Little Pony” and “He-Man & She-Ra”, along with some 80’s tunes. Everyone had a great time and here are just some photos to prove it.